Nesse tutorial,vou mostrar como detectar o endereço IP do remetente.
O e-mail endereço IP do remetente é depender de qual provedor de e-mail que você usa. Como sabemos, há muitos provedor de email que fornecem conta de e-mail gratuito, mas por agora só usamos Gmail, Yahoo e Windows Live Hotmail. Com a lógica como verificar o endereço IP do remetente de e-mail que eu espero que você também pode fazer o mesmo com outro provedor de e-mail.
1. Internet connection
Step by Step how to Check Email Sender IP Address:
1. First step I will try to send an email from Yahoo account to Gmail account.
2. In Gmail you can view the email sender IP address by show the original email in the menu.
3. When you click the link it will show some text page that displaying the details of how the message sent from Yahoo until the email arrive in your inbox. Actually the logic is the same when you sending a packet through ups or fedex, you can track the path of your packet where they made a checkpoint(but not as detail as this two logistics service).
The text “Received: from” will show you the email sender IP address (see the red box).
From this three steps, we know that if the sender use Yahoo, we can know the sender original IP address.
4. Now the next I will try to send email fro Gmail to Yahoo. Here is the screenshot.
5.To check the email sender IP address, you can click the actions and choose view full header.
6. Gmail will use the X-Originating-IP to show the sender IP address, but for the privacy they mask and change the Original email sender IP address with Google ip address.
If you see the email sender IP address in the red box above, it was Google IP address.
7. Now the last one is testing using Windows Live Hotmail. I try to send it both to Gmail and yahoo. Here is the result in Gmail.
Last year Windows Live Hotmail still have the X-Originating-IP, but start in January 2013 they said that they started to protect their users by disable the X-Originating-IP and new variable show up there as X-EIP. This X-EIP is always change dynamically even you send the same email from the same ip address, so maybe it’s a little hard enough to break it
8. Update (the real case)
When I just want to finish this tutorial, then suddenly one email come to my inbox, thanks to that guy helped me to finish this tutorial
Rea is one of my friend in Indonesia, I believe she will not sending me this kind of link
Since the sender was using yahoo account, so it is possible for us to detect the original IP address where they come from.
9. Now after knowing the email sender IP address 188.8.131.52, let’s find out more about this IP address by whois-ing here using my tools, or you can visit whatismyipaddress.com to check about that email sender IP address. Here is the result:
1. From the three free email provider above, we know that the format of email header is depend on which provider we use to send that email.
2. If you send email from Gmail and Windows Live Hotmail they will hide the email sender IP address.
3. If you send email from Yahoo the recipient of your email can know your ip address.
hope it useful